Camp RYLA Operates within the framework of The Rotary Four-Way Test of the things we Think, Say or Do: “1) Is it the TRUTH? 2) is it FAIR to all concerned? 3) Will it build GOODWILL and better FRIENDSHIPS? and 4) Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?” These principles are the foundation of Rotary International’s policies on gender inclusiveness. Rotary’s policy aligns with that of the YMCA Camp St. Croix to provide:
- Students the opportunity to express their gender in terms of their understanding of who they are and how they interact with other people.
- Students will be able to choose their housing based on their gender identification and preference.
- Housing consists of several single room cabins separated by gender and accommodating 6-8 students with a central group bathroom and shower facilities. The camp provides alternative all-gender bathroom facilities available which include individual showering and changing areas. If a student is uncomfortable being housed in these facilities, there is one dormitory with separated sleeping and showering facilities available.
RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration of participating in Camp RYLA activities, and for good and valuable consideration, I hereby agree to release and discharge any liability which may arise from such participation (1) the YMCA Greater Twin Cities; and (2) the Rotary Clubs of Rotary Districts 5960 and 5950, along with the owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, members, volunteers, participants and all other persons or entities acting for or on behalf of either organization (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Releasees”), on behalf of my child, myself, my parents, siblings, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate, and also agree as follows:
- I acknowledge that participating in RYLA/YMCA activities involves known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death, and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to, broken bones, torn ligaments or other injuries as a result of falls or contact with other participants; death as a result of drowning or brain damage caused by near drowning in pools or other bodies of water, medical conditions resulting from physical activity, and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
- I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the actions of the Releasees. My child’s participation in these activities is purely voluntary and we elect to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe that event conditions are unsafe or that my child is unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then they will immediately discontinue participation.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my child’s participation in these activities, or their use of their equipment or facilities. This release does not apply to claims arising from negligence or intentional conduct. Should Releasees or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage my child may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that my child has no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with my child’s safety in these activities, or else I am willing to assume – and bear the costs – all; risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so in the state where such injury incurred, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply.
- I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- In the event that my child needs immediate medical attention for injuries received while participating in Camp RYLA, I authorize either YMCA staff and/or RYLA Camp staff to give my child reasonable first aid, and to arrange transport of my child to a health care facility for emergency services as needed.
- I give permission for my child to be transported by the YMCA as needed for field trips, inclement weather, or late pick up. I also give my permission for my child to participate in walking filed trips.
- I hereby acknowledge that the YMCA and Camp RYLA staff will assume that either parent of the child may pick up the child at any time during the program unless there is pertinent court documentation on file at the YMCA that indicates otherwise.
- I agree to the release of any records necessary for treatment, referral, billing for insurance purposes. The YMCA and Camp RYLA staff receive medical information on campers/participants that may need to be shared with medical providers.
- If my child requires use and administration of an epi-pen, prescription or over the counter medication, it is my responsibility to ensure that the epi-pen and/or medications are on my child or within their personal belongings every day of the program. If YMCA staff or RYLA Staff are required to administer the use of the epi-pen and/or medication, I agree to forever release and discharge the designees from any and all liability arising out of or resulting from use or administration of the epi-pen and/or medication.
Group Name: Camp RYLA
Dates on Site: April 21-25, 2023
Use your finger (on touch screen) or mouse to sign in the box above.